Top Reasons to Juice Beets
1. Beets are nature’s Viagra — Seriously. One of the first known uses of beets was by the ancient Romans, who used them medicinally as an aphrodisiac. And that’s not just urban legend – science backs it up. Beets contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
2. Beets are high in many vitamins and minerals — Potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine; folic acid. These are but a few of the many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can be found in beets and beet greens. Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
3. Beets cleanse the body — They are a wonderful tonic for the liver, works as a purifier for the blood, and can prevent various forms of cancer. Nuff said, right? Tastes good and prevents cancer? Sign me up!
4. Beets contain betaine and trytophan — the same substances that are used in certain treatments of depression and which relax the mind and create a sense of well being, similar to chocolate.
5. Beets are used as a stomach acid tester — If you drink beet juice and your pee turns pink you have low stomach acid. Still pee clear? Ratchet it up and get juicing!
6. Beets are a high source of energy — Beets are low in calories and high in sugar (BUT the sugar is the kind that is released into your system gradually). Very few foods found in the natural world are as beneficial as beets in this regard.