Chilled Tomato and Cucumber Soup
Makes 5 to 6 cups
2 European hothouse cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
12 plum tomatoes, cored and quartered
2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (do not substitute)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour soup through a fine sieve or strainer and discard the solids
collected in the sieve.
3. Place clean liquid puree in a food safe container and refrigerate,
covered, at least 2 hours or up to over night.
4. Garnish with finely diced tomato and cucumber before serving.
5. Drizzle with basil-infused olive oil and balsamic reduction before serving.
Sorry, comments are closed for this post.